General Surgery & Laproscopy
AT KRIMS HOSPITAL, the department of general surgery offers advanced surgical care and supports patients during acute illness or injury based on a multidisciplinary approach.
- Laparoscopic surgery is a surgical procedure that requires small incisions (keyhole), rather than large cuts.
- Laparoscopic surgery induces minimal discomfort, which results in excellent cosmetics.
- Compared to conventional open surgery , patients feel less discomfort, less scarring and have a shorter recovery period in laparoscopic or limited access surgery.
- Minimal access surgery will successfully treat thyroid and parathyroid, hernia, appendix, anorectal disorders, gastrointestinal tract diseases, gallbladder stones and some pancreatic, adrenal, spleen, kidney and liver disorders.
- The team here, comprising highly experienced surgeons, trained nurses, and ancillary staff, is capable of handling the most complicated cases- be it an emergency or planned adm ission with unparalleled expertise and provides evidence-based medical care.
- To the maximum extent possible, we believe in laparoscopic surgical techniques since the benefits are many including smaller incision, less postoperative discomfort, quicker recovery, shorter hospital stay, faster return to full activity, and minimal scars.
- Even, the burn unit at KRIMS provides comprehensive burn care in a nurturing, compassionate, personal, and hygienic environment.
- The department closely functions with the department of neurosurgery, pulmonology, radiology, anesthesia, internal medicine, oncology, and other allied specialties to provide patients with comprehensive treatment.
Benefits of Laparoscopy
- Fast restoration time
- Small Incisions
- Less discomfort
- Less internal scarring