KRIMS HOSPITALS caters full time working Department of Neurological Science and Trauma unit, which offers subspecialty expertise like Vascular neurosurgery (AVM, Aneurysm, and Revascularization), Neuro-oncology (Tumors), Neurology, Neurophysiotherapy, minimally invasive neurosurgery, spine surgery and trauma related all surgeries. Recently, Department has introduced endoscopic neurosurgery as another sub-specialty in its armour. Neuro-radiology (Neuroimaging) is an integrated part of the department, which helps in precise management. Department offers the best possible patient care and the utmost patient satisfaction with finest results. In addition, we have World Standard Operation Theatres with dedicated surgical ICU attached with the same. Neuro-nursing is particularly the backbone of the department, which plays key role in patient’s improvement. Moreover, Neuro-rehabilitation is last but not the least active ingredient of the department. Department is vowed and inclined towards best patient care and satisfaction along with strong academics and research as well.
The Neurosurgery department specifically caters-
- Oncosurgery (tumor surgery)
- Endoscopic Neurosurgery (Pituitary, Spine)
- Vascular Neurosurgery (Aneurysm, ANM, Revascularization surgery)
- Trauma Surgery (Head injury, spine injury)
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Skull Base Neurosurgery
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Epilepsy surgery following proper evaluation by VEEG.
- Brain Tumour surgery by minimal invasive Technique (Endoscopic)
- Brain Aneurysm surgery and various vascular Neurosurgery.
- Trauma and Spine surgery.
The facilities offered for Neurology are--
- Movement Disorder (Parkinsons disease, Tics, Dystonia)
- Neurodegenerative disorders (Alzheimer disease, Wilson disease)
- Demyelination Disease,
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Pediatric Neurology
- General Neurology
The Neurology department is involved in
- Epilespy management
- Neurodegenerative disease management
- Muscle diseases management
- Stroke emergency and late management
The NeuroPhysiotherapy Department is involved in
- Active muscle strengthening for Spine and rehabilitation of patient
- Also helps in recovery of stroke patients.
- Very important role in recovery of nerve palsy (Facial palsy).
- Recently renovated world class rehabilitation centre with muscle strengthening /rejuvenating centre.
Department of Neuroscience has advanced infrastructure compared with world standards,
The Department of Neurosurgery has advanced
- Carl Zeiss Opmi Patero microscope .
- Storz endoscopy system
- Aesculap NeuroDrill system.
- Intraoperative neuromonitoring.
The Department of Neurology has advanced
- Dedicated VEEG Lab 24X7 with dedicated Technician.
- Intraoperative Electro Corticograhy ( E Cog)
- EMG/NCV machine.
Highlights of Department of Neurological Surgery
Complex surgeries successfully done till date with excellent results-
A. Vestibular Schwannoma
Vestibular schwannoma with facial nerve preservation
Patient can be discharged in 5 days
B. Pituitary tumor excision
Done by Endoscopic nasal route/ stitchless surgery
Improved clinically and discharged in 5 days
C. Aneurysm clipping surgery
Successfully done without comorbidity to patient and in minimum expenditure
D. Recently completed 150 long-term V-EEG recording of patients
Patients evaluated and Epilepsy surgery done in for more than 10 patients successfully.
5 MTS – ATL + AH done
5 tumor related epilepsy cured
With the help of epilepsy surgery the patient can decrease his medication load and some can become seizure free over a period of time.