KRIMS HOSPITALS caters full time working Department of Neurological Science and Trauma unit, which offers subspecialty expertise like Vascular neurosurgery (AVM, Aneurysm, and Revascularization), Neuro-oncology (Tumors), Neurology, Neuro physiotherapy, minimally invasive neurosurgery, spine surgery, and trauma-related all surgeries.
- The Department has recently introduced endoscopic neurosurgery as another sub-specialty in its armor.
- Neuro-radiology (Neuroimaging) is an integrated part of the department, which helps in precise management.
- We offer the best possible patient care and the utmost patient satisfaction with the finest results.
- We have World Standard Operation Theatres with a dedicated surgical ICU attached to the same.
- Neuro-nursing is particularly the backbone of the department, which plays a key role in the patient’s improvement.
- Neuro-rehabilitation is last but not the least active ingredient of the department.
- The Department is vowed and inclined towards best patient care and satisfaction along with strong academics and research as well.
The Neurosurgery department specifically caters-
- Oncosurgery (tumor surgery)
- Endoscopic Neurosurgery (Pituitary, Spine)
- Vascular Neurosurgery (Aneurysm, ANM, Revascularization surgery)
- Trauma Surgery (Head injury, spine injury)
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Skull Base Neurosurgery
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Epilepsy surgery following proper evaluation by VEEG.
- Brain Tumour surgery by minimal invasive Technique (Endoscopic)
- Brain Aneurysm surgery and various vascular Neurosurgery.
- Trauma and Spine surgery.
The facilities offered for Neurology are–
- Movement Disorder (Parkinson’s disease, Tics, Dystonia)
- Neurodegenerative disorders (Alzheimer disease, Wilson disease)
- Demyelination Disease,
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Pediatric Neurology
- General Neurology
The Neurology department is involved in
- Epilepsy management
- Neurodegenerative disease management
- Muscle diseases management
- Stroke emergency and late management
The NeuroPhysiotherapy Department is involved in
- Active muscle strengthening for Spine and rehabilitation of the patient
- Also helps in the recovery of stroke patients.
- A very important role in the recovery of nerve palsy (Facial palsy).
- Recently renovated a world-class rehabilitation center with muscle strengthening /rejuvenating center.
The Department of Neurosurgery has advanced
- Carl Zeiss Opmi Patero microscope .
- Storz endoscopy system
- Aesculap NeuroDrill system.
- Intraoperative neuromonitoring.
The Department of Neurology has advanced
- Dedicated VEEG Lab 24X7 with dedicated Technician.
- Intraoperative Electrocorticography ( E Cog)
- EMG/NCV machine.
Highlights of the Department of Neurological Surgery , Complex surgeries successfully are done to date with excellent results-
A. Vestibular Schwannoma
- Vestibular schwannoma with facial nerve preservation
- No mortality
- The patient can be discharged in 5 days
B. Pituitary tumor excision
- Done by Endoscopic nasal route/ stitchless surgery
- Improved clinically and discharged in 5 days
C. Aneurysm clipping surgery
- Successfully done without comorbidity to the patient and in minimum expenditure
D. Recently completed 150 long-term V-EEG recordings of patients
- Patients evaluated and Epilepsy surgery done for more than 10 patients successfully.
- 5 MTS – ATL + AH done
- 5 tumor-related epilepsy cured
- With the help of epilepsy surgery, the patient can decrease his medication load and some can become seizure-free over a period of time.