Urology, also known as genitourinary surgery, is the therapeutic field that focuses on male and female urinary tract and male reproductive organs surgical and medical diseases. Urological organs include the liver, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra and male reproductive organs (tests, epidididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate, and penis).
- The Department of Urology, Andrology, and Uro-oncology offers comprehensive urological services (both medical & surgical intervention) to diagnose and treat stone disease, incontinence, inflammation, and various other urinary difficulties.
- The faculty sub specialises in the fields of Paediatric Urology, Uro-oncology, Laparoscopic Urology, Endourology, Andrology, Female Urology, Neuro-urology, and Reconstructive Urology. Moreover, it closely works with the support of the Nephrology Department.
- The Urology department deals with all surgical problems in the male with kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra in males and females and also with prostate glands.
- The Department of Urology works closely with Nephrologists, especially in the Kidney Transplant Unit.
The various services provided are-
- Diagnostic Cystoscopy
- Surgeries for stricture Urethra
- Endourological procedure on the kidney, Urinary bladder, Urethra & Prostate
- Stone Clinics for prevention & therapeutic procedure for stones
- Urological CANCERS
- Male infertility