About DoctorDr Akshay Patil is a renowned and well experienced Neurologist associated with KRIMS Hospitals, Nagpur. His area of expertise include Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery, Epilepsy Surgery, Endoscopic Neurosurgery and Onco-Neurosurgery.
Professional ExperienceDr. Akshay Patil has completed his M.B.B.S from Dr. PDMMC, Amravati University. He has done his masters in General Surgery from B.J.M. College, Pune and in Neurosurgery from SCTIMST, Trivandrum. He has done Post Doctoral Fellowship in Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery from SCTIMST, Trivandrum and also in Endoscopic Skull base Surgery from Japan.
- Maharashtra Medical Council MMC (Regd. No. 2002/02/494)
- Life Member Neurological Society India
- International Vista Membership- CNS/WFNS.
- International Member – World Walter E. Dandy Neurosurgical Society.
- Life Member- Academy of Medical Sciences Nagpur.
- Life Member- Maharashtra Chapter NSI.
- Original article: Central Neurocytoma, review of institutional series of 33 cases: Neurosx Quart, 2012, 22:213-219.
- Original article: Meningeal Hemangiopericytoma: Neurosurgery Quarterly, 01/2013; 25 (2):1.
- Review article: Extraventricular Neurocytoma a comprehensive review, Acta Neurochirurgica. Feb 2014, 156(2),349-54.
- Case Series- Unruptured Acomm artery aneurysm presenting with seizure: Report of 3 cases and review of literature . Asian journal of Neurosurgery, Jul-Sept 2013, Vol – 8, issue 3, 176-179.
- Letter to editor- Nocardial abscess in an immunocompetent person, Neurology India,2011, 59, 779-781.
- Letter to Editor: Primary Spinal epidural diffuse large cell B Lymphoma, Neurology India, Sep-Oct 2013, Vol 61(5), 532-34.
- Images in Journal- Ossified Ligamentum flavum causing compressive myelopathy,in ankylosing spondylosis:,Accepted: Journal neurosciences in rural practice, 2012,4,230-231.
- Poster presentation-Critical review of surgical outcome in Cystic Vestibular Schwannoma, Skull Base Society of India, Mumbai, Sept 2012.
- Case report : Complication of vesicle calculus eroding bladder and Encroaching the femur neck prosthesis, ASIA PACI FICON Conference Goa, India, Oct 2006.
Papers In Making:
- Basilar dolichoectasia causing hydrocephalus with target sign on radiology.
- Spinal PNET/ Ewings Sarcoma rare entity, case series with review.
- Bilateral C1-C2 Neurofibroma , can be criteria for NF1.