“Dr Sameer Arbat, young Interventional Pulmonologist from Nagpur is the pioneer of Interventional Pulmonology in Central India. He is the first doctor to have Central India’s only EBUS and Cryotherapy setup. He has received many awards at national conferences and has many national and international publications to his name. He is the youngest International Faculty to teach at the WABIP Program. He has performed more than 800 Interventional procedures including Cryotherapy, EBUS, Endobronchial Debulking and Thoracoscopy. He is an established clinician, researcher and teacher in the field of Pulmonology & Interventional Pulmonology with an extensive academic training and professional experience from JNMC Wardha, KEM Hospital & Tata Memorial Cancer Centre Mumbai & Ancona Italy.”
- Dr Sameer is the pioneer of Interventional Pulmonology in Central India.
- First doctor to have Central India’s only EBUS and Cryotherapy setup.
- Performed more than 1000 Interventional procedures including Cryotherapy, EBUS, Endobronchial Debulking and Thoracoscopy.
- He has expertise in treating various Respiratory Disorders such as Asthma, COPD, Bronchiectasis, Lung Cancer ILD, Allergy and Sleep Disorders.
- Specialised interest in Obstructive Airway Diseases (Asthma & COPD), Smoking Cessation, Sleep Apnea & Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Experience of attending more than 8,000 OPD & IPD patients every year.
- Youngest International Faculty in Interventional Pulmonology.
- Faculty at many National Conferences as Speaker.
- Received many awards at National and International Conferences.
- Thorough Academician with more than 20 presentations at National and International Conferences.
- Avid researcher with more than 15 international publications to his name.
- Research Collaboration & Invited as Guest Speaker at the reputed University of Rochester, New York, USA.
- Dr Sameer is a champion for Air Pollution with multiple talks at national and international platforms.
- Author to a chapter on COPD in the Clinical Book of Respiratory Medicine.
- Organizing Secretary to many National Conferences.
- Chief Editor of Respiratory Newsletter Res-Q.
- Awarded the “Fellowship of American College of Chest Physicians” at Chest Annual Congress, New Orleans, USA in 2019.
- Awarded 1st Prize –Best Clinical Paper at IPL 2018 at Mumbai, 2018
- Awarded 2nd Prize –Best Clinical Paper at BRONCOCON 2015 at Udaipur, 2015
- Awarded 3rd Prize –Best Clinical Paper at NAPCON 2016 at Mumbai, 2016.
- Awarded the Indian Chest Society Grant for Young Researcher for representing India at the ERS Congress 2018 at Paris, France where he presented study on Cryobiopsy at ERS Congress 2018 in Paris, France.
- Awarded “Young Achiever Award for Outstanding Contribution in Health” by GNA on 30th November 2018.
- Awarded “Vidarbha Ratna” in 2019.
- Awarded for “Outstanding Contribution to Respiratory Medicine on an International Platform” at Pulmo & Sleep Meet, 2020
- Inventor of “Arbat Safety Box” for Bronchoscopy & Intubation.
- His Clinical Study on “Clinical Profile of Patients of Non-Smoker COPD” presented at American College of Chest Physicians(ACCP) Chest Congress 2019 was covered by more than 5 International News Agencies all over Asia.
- His “Clinical Study on 110 patients of Interstitial Lung Disease at KEM Hospital, Mumbai” was presented at the ERS Congress in London 2016.
Community Welfare Achievement
- Dr Sameer Arbat is credited with running a special “ Asthma-COPD and ILD Patient Education Program” every week with more than 2000 patients enrolled in this program.
- Keen interest in creating public awareness on Respiratory Diseases.
- Regular speaker on All India Radio
- More than 100 newspaper articles published in his name.
- Champion for “Air Pollution” with talks on National & International Platforms.
- Installed “Giant Lungs – Billboard that Breathes” at Nagpur in March 2020.
- Key Panellist and Expert Trainer for Clean Air Asia Foundation, India.
- Associated with various organisations like Centre for Sustained Development - Nagpur, Clean Air Asia - India, Columbia University Global Centre – India.
- Co-Founder and member of NGO “Prawah” which works in health awareness, regularly conducting health camps and education programmes in Central India, pertaining to asthma, air pollution, sleep disorders, anti-tobacco campaigns and blood donation camps. The NGO was awarded Lal Bahadur Shastri Gaurav Puraskar, September 2014 for contribution towards health awareness in society.
- Dr Sameer Arbat completed his MBBS and MD in Respiratory Medicine from JNMC, Sawangi, Wardha.
- He has worked as Assistant Professor at the Department of Respiratory Medicine, JNMC Sawangi Wardha.
- He gained vast experience in all sub-specialties of pulmonology by working as Senior Registrar at India’s premier institute, KEM Hospital Mumbai.
- He then joined premier cancer care institute, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai where he performed more than 100 Bronchoscopies while working at the Department of Thoracic Oncology.
- With his interest in Intervention and a strong CV, he was invited to work at Thoracic Endoscopy Service of the Pulmonary Diseases Unit of the Azienda OspedaliRiuniti, Ancona, Italy under the guidance of his mentor, Dr Stefano Gasparini who is considered the world authority in Interventional Pulmonology.
- He gained further experience as a Visiting Trainee in Interventional Pulmonology under Dr Rajiv Goyal, at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, New Delhi, India.
- He has attended Training in Emergency Medicine from Max Hospitals, New Delhi, India.
- Dr Sameer is Founding Body Member of “Indian Association of Sleep Apnea.”
- European Respiratory Society (ERS)
- American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP)
- Indian Association of Bronchology (IAB)
- World Association of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology (WABIP)
- Indian Chest Society (ICS)
- Vidarbha Chest Association (VCA) – Executive Body Member
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Academy of Medical Sciences (AMS)
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM)
- Vidarbha Hospital Association (VHA)